Wednesday 19 November 2014

Continuity Task

What is continuity in a level media?

What was our brief?

We had to complete a task which included making a video that helped us to understand continuity within A level media. We had to stick to the following rules:

180 Degrees




To help me understand this rule I did a Google image search to see if this would improve my understanding as visual diagrams are often the best way for me to grasp concepts.
 


 
The
most simple diagram which I found helped me to understand this most.

Whist filming you have to stay on one side of the action. It keeps the order of characters looking at each other when only one character is seen onscreen at a time. 
The most simple diagram which I found helped me to understand this most.
Whist filming you have to stay on one side of the action. It keeps the order of characters looking at each other when only one character is seen onscreen at a time.

Match on action shot
Whilst searching for what this exactly was I found a definition which summed it up perfectly for me to be able to understand.
Match on action (or cutting on action) is an editing technique for continuity    editing in which one shot cuts to another shot portraying theaction of the subject in the first shot.’

Shot reverse shot 
‘Shot reverse shot (or shot/countershot) is a film technique where one character is shown looking at another character (often off-screen), and then the other character is shown looking back at the first character.’

In addition to this we had to include a door opening and closing. 



Holli & Ruby Final Continuity Task from Ruby Millard on Vimeo.
This is our final continuity video. My input on the task was filming and editing and my partner Holli was in the video and also contributed to editing

No comments:

Post a Comment